Sunday, October 4, 2009

The City of Angels

I recently got a new second-hand camera... so hubby and I decided to take a day trip to practice getting some good photos. What better place to find sources of inspiration than Los Angeles?
We found this cute little park near Beverly Hills that was a peaceful green oasis in the middle of city blocks of cement.

Next stop was Amoeba Music, which is a superstore of any type of music imagineable!! It is like a real life iTunes, but in an actual building! The entire outside of the building is covered with murals of music legends. Here is Billie Holiday.....
Next up was a trip to the neighborhood called Los Feliz. This is the old theater in the middle of town.
The highlight of the trip was my first ever trip to Pinkberry...wow!!! I was so hoping that it would live up to my expectations and it did not disappoint!!! I chose the newest flavor, coconut tart. Even though all this luscious fruit was available to choose from, I was naughty and had my yogurt topped with fresh coconut and dark chocolate bites. Delicious!!!!
Our lunch choice was an authentic French cafe that had the most scrumptious buttery croissants topped with a sweet glaze. We also enjoyed a tasty sandwich, salad, and fresh lemonade, but two more croissants made their way home with us!!
All in all, a really fun day filled with lots of places I had never really visited, even though I've been to Los Angeles several times. Goes to show that there are sources of inspiration everywhere around us if only we take some time to notice!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day trip! I keep trying to convince Brian to go up there for a weekend getaway.

    ReplyDelete