Monday, December 28, 2009

Be Humble

I just purchased this book over the holidays called Be: Life is Here and It Is Now to jumpstart the upcoming new year with some positive thoughts and good vibes. Each left hand page in the book has a "be" statement(like beAmazed, beResourseful, etc) coupled with a quote on the right hand page. I've had a set of three long rectangular canvases that I've been wanting to make a set of related pieces out of so I thought I'd do three quotes from the book. This is the first one in my "series" for Be Humble:

(I got this sweet little birdkeeper girl image from an Anahata card I found in the same store as the book.)

This quote is a reminder to me of forces in the universe that are bigger than myself. Wonderous miracles occur; wishes manifest themselves in our lives; new people enter our lives, always with a purpose. These are some of the amazing things happening all around us, leading us toward peacefulness, a sense of calm, new adventures, clarity, personal growth, and a realization of our fullest potential. I try to think about the purpose behind the things that occur in my life and trust that even if I don't understand them now, their purpose will become apparent to me at some point down the road...along my journey of life.

5 comments:

  1. just beautiful, the art and the thoughts...
    glad to see you are utilizing your break to its fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny!

    How are you? I LOVE your canvas. It's amazing... as is ALL of your artwork. Can't wait to see the others. :)

    Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful canvas Jenny!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny!
    Love your artwork!
    See you soon!
    xoxo
    Christine

    ReplyDelete