Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where does your inspiration come from?

This was the last piece of work I did before having my baby. I wanted to make sure I had something during all those early weeks (when there was no time to create) to remind me of what inspires me. It was sitting on my studio work table when I returned from the hospital. All I had left to do was to place the letters on it. It now sits next to my work table...a beautiful collage of hot pinks and turquoise!

I have a huge binder filled with images I have cut out of magazines throughout the years. I page through the binder whenever I'm in a creative rut, but I thought it might be great to showcase some of the pictures where I could always see them. I cut out all of my very favorite ones to use in this piece. After gluing them all down on a piece of flat plywood, I added fabric swatches and some other little bits of this and that which I've been saving for just that "perfect" piece. No time like the present!



"The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web." -Picasso

What inspires you? What colors are you always drawn to? What makes your heart go pitter- patter? What will put a smile on your face this week? What will be the catalyst for your next creative masterpiece? Go forth and create.....


2 comments:

  1. YOU inspire me Miss Jenny!
    I am so blessed to have you around to motivate me to create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! So sorry we did not get to meet while I was in San Diego - next time I hope!

    ReplyDelete