Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthday Fun

Summer is finally here (yeah!) so hopefully I will have a bit more time to post some of the things I've been working on. I finished this cute little 1st Birthday Boy book about a month ago, but I thought it was still worth sharing. The on-line class for this book can be found at Elizabeth Kartchner's new site Something Splendid. It's a super cute site with lots of fun projects to make! I changed mine up a bit by making the book slightly bigger and using actual envelopes inside of it instead of glassine bags. It was meant to be an envelope book of 10 envelopes. However, I made 5 envelopes and then 5 additional pages with layouts/photos on them.

This worked out to be the perfect mini book to document Liam's first birthday since I had so many photos it would have taken me forever to do layouts using all of them. Instead, I used a couple of photos and then grouped the rest by theme such as "Cake Eating", "Playing with Toys", "Birthday Memorabilia", etc. I was able to tuck his invitation in one of the envelopes along with some birthday party confetti and a napkin. The additional photos I just tucked inside each envelope by theme and was done...so easy!!

Here is the cover....I cut the monkey head out of one of the party plates.

(Sorry, skipped page one here...I'll share tomorrow)




Most of the paper and labels/stickers are from Crate Paper's Boy line that came out this spring. I will post pages 1 and 6 through 10 tomorrow. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment