Thursday, August 20, 2009

Inspiration Revealed

I finally finished the project I've been working on using the lamp shade frame I spray painted turquoise.  If I had to name the finished product, I would call it "Inspiration Unleashed".  I used a bunch of postcards, greeting cards, and clip art from Anahata to make the "tags".  I also used some digital words of inspiration that I downloaded from Rhonna Farrer.  I thought that the two went together well.  I altered the postcards with rub-ons and stickles and glued the digital art words from Rhonna on tags where they fit.  I also added some favorite quotes for a personal touch.  Last, I tied the smaller tags around the top of the frame and the larger tags along the bottom of the frame.  I also had silver glittered stars on wire that I twisted around parts of the lampshade.  To give it some movement, I hung butterfly mobiles vertically down the center of it and attached chandelier crystals to the bottoms of the strings.  I have a few more pics of some of the other tags that I will post tomorrow.
Until then...I will leave you with these:  





Isn't the possibility of something greater, different, calmer, more meaningful, more adventurous, or even more daring what really keeps us going from day to day?  Think about the endless possibilities and do one thing today toward making one of those possibilities happen!  

5 comments:

  1. It's very dainty and feminine. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I cannot wait to see it in person! I love how you have the ability to take a discarded item and allow no limits. Way to glow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is charming!!
    Love all the inspirational messages on your beautiful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, LOVE the lampshade! Love it! YOu are so dang talented.
    Hope to see you soon sometime. I'll be at the Barn in Sept and Oct.
    Hugs, Tricia
    VintageBliss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Followed your link from Natasha's aren't art journals the best fun. Really enjoyed reading all your creative posts today, you have a nice blog going on here.

    ReplyDelete