Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Art- Part 2

As promised, here are some more highlights from Artistic Affaire L'Automne.....Of course, the projects were the highlight of the day! First up was Lisa Kettell's class in which we created little dragonfly ballerinas out of clay. Here is a snapshot of some ballerinas created during the class- how cute!!!!

Here is the dragonfly I made (sorry- bad lighting on the picture). I think that mine turned out more like a sweet little bathing beauty than a ballerina but I love her anyway!! Not sure how I'm going to finish the project off yet, but it will involve more PINK!
The last class of the day was taught by the amazing Ruth Rae. I've been waiting a long time to take a class from her- especially utilizing some sort of fiber arts!! We made fabric cuff bracelets using all sorts of fabric scraps and pieces of muslin we stamped images onto. Here is mine so far...not quite finished. I like the earthy nature feel that it has.
One more post tomorrow should just about finish up all the highlights of the day. See you back here then!!

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the picture of all the sweet dollies from Lisa's class. They remind me of how special all you ladies are! So glad we could spend another special weekend together. LOVE your art ~ you are just always a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to see you soon friend!

    Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cute!I love the Dragonfly Ballerinas. Hey Jenny... I'm not sure if you remember me, but I took the Anahata workshop last year in San Diego. The one with the hat and brown pigtails. I can't believe I found you on here. By chance I found Holly and I saw she a a link to you... crazy. Several times I thought of calling you to see if you wanted to make some art, but I lost your number:( Anywho, it would be great to connect sometime. Love your blog! Cheers, Lindsey

    ReplyDelete