Sunday, September 13, 2009

Butterflies in My Garden

This morning, as I watered my butterfly plant, I caught sight of what seemed to be tens of tiny yellow bugs on my plant.  Frustrated that I thought something was eating my plant, I bent down to take a closer look.  That's when I came eye to eye with these two friends...monarch butterfly caterpillars!! How beautiful!! I then realized that what I thought were yellow bugs were actually newly hatched butterfly eggs.  I cannot wait to see if they spin themselves a chrysalis and transform into beautiful butterflies.  How ironic...I've been thinking a lot lately about the changes I'll make to preserve time for what's important to me and here is nature's example of transformation, change, and the beauty of what's to be right in my own backyard!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at those caterpillars! Where did you get this plant? I might have to get one. The kids would love it, and of course, so would I.

    ReplyDelete