Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Story of Liam and The Pink Monkey

This is the story of a boy named Liam, who finds a new friend at the coffee shop. One sunny summer morning, Liam's Mommy and Daddy take Liam for a walk at the beach. Following their walk, per the usual routine, they stop at the local coffee shop for a shot of extra energy.

"But what will I do there?" asked Liam, knowing very well that he would have to wait in line and then watch his parents try to enjoy their morning drinks while offering him the usual Cheerios and juice.

"Look!" said Mommy. "Here is a basket full of animals..."

"WOW! You really don't lie to me just to get me inside this coffee shop!!" thought Liam. "There ARE animals in here...a whole bunch of them!"


"I think I'll just check out this cute little pink monkey right here..."


"Mommy...isn't she so cute? Please, can she come home with us?"
"No Liam. Not today," said Mommy.

"Oh, but I love her soooo much!" declared Liam as he gave her a big smooch on the face.
"I know she's cute, but you have lots of other animals at home to play with. Say goodbye to the sweet monkey, and we'll come back to visit her the next time we come for coffee," said Mommy.


"Well, alright," said Liam sadly. "I'm gonna miss you, but my mommy says that we can't take you home today. I'll come back and visit you. I promise," said Liam.


And with that, Liam placed the monkey back into the basket and was distracted two minutes later by a Golden Retriever loping around outside the coffee shop. "But Mommy...why can't we have a dog?..."

2 comments:

  1. What cute photos and a great play by play to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so stinking cute- I would have bought him the monkey if I was sitting next to sweet Liam!!

    ReplyDelete