Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do-It-Yourself Satisfaction

How many times have you seen something in a store that you think is just too cute, but you cannot possibly justify spending money on it when you think you can most likely make it yourself? And on top of that, you know that you have enough fabric, felt, and other materials at home that you could open a small craft store out of your garage??

I saw a felt/fabric flower recently that I just had to have, but the price tag was over $20. Not going to spend that much on something that was most likely made from the remnants left on somebody's craft table...because I also have those same remnants hanging out on my table that I could use to make it! Tonight I finally had some time to try to replicate the scrap flower I saw...

First, I cut out a felt circle. Then I just started snipping small pieces of fabric, felt, and lace and tacked them onto the circle with fabric glue to hold them in place. Next, I used the sewing machine to stitch from side to side and then in a swirly circle around and around.



Finished it up with a button for the center....

Love it!! Now I'm thinking about making some more of these, but possibly in a bigger size. I'm sure there are all sorts of things I can adorn with these little scrap flowers...fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh fun! Yes, we are on the same page with the "I can make that!" idea!! Love how your little project turned out.
    Hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete