Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer hues

Just soaking in the colors of summer before they're all gone!  We got up early today and drove north to Crystal Cove in Laguna.  If you have never visited this beach, it is a must see!  There is a tiny historic village of beach cottages that families would stay in each summer.  All of the cottages are now too old to live in, but visiting them is like stepping back in time. There is a restaurant situated right on the beach that is great place to eat at while soaking in the smells and sounds of the sea.  I love to come here to practice my picture taking skills (which need much refinement) as there are a lot of colorful sources of inspiration.  



As I walked through the surf, I thought about how another summer has come and gone, just like the tide coming in and out.  Each summer, I get time to myself to rest and rejuvenate...to revisit all that is important in my life and honor the parts of my spirit that make me...me!  I purchased this cute little quote book today called "Spirit" and my favorite quote in the book is this:

There comes a time in the spiritual journey when you start making choices from a very different place.  And if a choice lines up so that it supports truth, health, happiness, wisdom, and love, it's the right choice.     -Angeles Arrien

I think it's important to reevaluate from time to time where our choices are coming from.  Sometimes choices are made out of necessity and other times out of love and sacrifice.  Each fall, as I return to the business and chaos of work, I try to remind myself that I must stay true to myself and make choices throughout the year that honor my spirit, which ultimately honors who I am...as a woman, a wife, an artist, a creative being. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! The last paragraph was beautiful!! Thanks for the reminder!! It is much needed every now and then. Thank you!! Have a great rest of summer! :)
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Jenny. I loved the quote

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I so remember visiting Crysal Cove when I was a kid. My family loved to stop there for Date shakes. I use to live in So. Laguna in Laguna Sur, overlooking Monach beach. Well that was until we moved to the east coast. Seeing your pic's really made me homesick.
    xoxo
    Suze
    (I'll always be a SoCal Beach Girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time to visit your blog. Its amazing how we can travel from one blog to the next and find so many inspiring and creative individuals. Since turning 40 a few years ago, I've been on a spiritual journey so loved this post in your blog most of all. The quote is so true and is most definitely what I try to do in my own life each and every day. Peace and blessings to you,

    ReplyDelete